Gulam Jamun is among one of the most loved sweets among Indian community. Dark brown in color and dipped in to sugar syrup, it will be a Yummmmm!!! Experience in every bite of gulab jamun. Let’s see a quick recipe for making this wonder!
- 1 cup grated Khoya ( 6 oz packet)
- 1 cup grated paneer ( approximately half packet of paneer)
- 1 tablespoon Maida ( All purpose flour)
- Pinch of baking powder
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 4-5 cardamom crushed
- 1 tablespoon Rosewater
- Vegetable oil to fry (choose quantity of oil in vessel such that gulab jamun balls get fully dipped in oil while frying)
- 1 tablespoon milk
Note: For best result use same size of cup for all khoya, paneer, sugar & water.
1. Making Sugar Syrup:
- Take 2 cup sugar in a vessel and add 2 cup water in it. Now boil it. Add crushed cardamom and ½teaspoon saffron and put the syrup on medium low heat to simmer. When it gets a little thick you could turn off the heat and let it cool down to become warm and add 1 tablespoon of rose water.
2. Making Gulab Jamuns:
- Grate Khoya & Paneer. Add 1 tablespoon of maida and pinch of baking powder. Now add 1 tablespoon of milk and mix everything well into a smooth dough. Knead the dough well till it becomes soft and smooth.
- Make small equal sized round balls from the dough (size you can choose your own). They should be smooth and without cracks.
- Now take a deep vessel and put oil in it on medium low heat (Entire frying should only be done on medium low heat). When oil becomes hot try to put a small test ball in it. If the oil is ready the first gulab jamun will rise to the surface in about 15 seconds. Now add 5-6 gulab jamuns depending on the size of the vessel ( make sure that you have spacing between the gulab jamuns when you fry).
- Fry on medium low heat until the gulab jamuns become evenly dark brown and there surface looks a little hard. Each batch should approximately take around 6 minutes. Place the gulab jamuns on a paper towel to get rid of excessive oil.
- Now you can emerge the gulab jamuns in the sugar syrup and let it cool.